Will there be restrictions to travel abroad if divorce case pending?
I am covered under Hindu marriages Act. I applied for Divorce under the reason 'desertion by my wife'. Since my work nature requires me to go abroad on work assignments, will it make my case proceedings affected?
Please clarify that there won't be any restriction in going abroad as this involves only a civil case.
Legal Advice by our Expert:
Simply because you will be travelling for your professional commitments will not in any way effect your divorce petition on account of dessertion. Although the courts today call for the presence of the parties in matrimonial matters but in case you have to travel, there are no boundations.
However, your presence will be required as and when called by the court or at the time of recording of your evidence / statement.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What legal option after a decree relating to property in one's favor?
- Layout developed does not match the approved layout plan
- Property is physically divided how can we file for our legal share
- Purchased land on daughters name now want sell it she is minor
- Can certified copy of pm report be exhibit in trial