quesWill there be restrictions to travel abroad if divorce case pending?

I am covered under Hindu marriages Act. I applied for Divorce under the reason 'desertion by my wife'. Since my work nature requires me to go abroad on work assignments, will it make my case proceedings affected?

Please clarify that there won't be any restriction in going abroad as this involves only a civil case.

Legal Advice by our Expert:

Simply because you will be travelling for your professional commitments will not in any way effect your divorce petition on account of dessertion. Although the courts today call for the presence of the parties in matrimonial matters but in case you have to travel, there are no boundations.

However, your presence will be required as and when called by the court or at the time of recording of your evidence / statement.