Wife wants divorce and have the custody of the child
I want to divorce my husband. But I have one baby. He is 5 year above. I want my baby to stay with me after divorce.
You may file a petition for divorce under the provisions of Hindu Marriage Act in case you are a Hindu Lady. You will have to show a ground for Divorce such as Cruelty, Adultery etc.
In case you belong to a separate ethnicity, then there are other personal laws to govern Divorce. Since the baby is small there is high probability that the Court will grant you custody and guardianship of the child. You may simply take the child with you and fight out the case of Guardianship.
Additionally you and your child are also entitled for maintenance under the provisions of 125 CrPC and The Domestic Violence Act. You will need to file an appropriate application before the court to obtain maintenance. In the meantime the court can grant you interim maintenance also till the disposal of the main application.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce under Hindu Law if spouse has a neaurogenetic disease
- How to get POA for father's finances and property
- After rent agreement came into effect other party backing out. Remedy?
- Delay in possession of flat how can I recover my money back
- Bought flat and staying in it. Now realized property under dispute.