×

quesWife tortures requires a divorce

My brother got married an year ago. The girl is extremely short tempered, fights on even small issues and threatens him all the time for divorce. She has left the home for the second time and gone to stay with her family. My brother is very depressed and disheartened by the mental torture. What are the legal proceedings for getting divorce. What precautions he must take as the girl's family is very cunning?

• ansYou may file a police complaint for being threatened, and thereafter file for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty and harassment. She might get hyper and can file a 498-A case against you and your family, in which case it would be prudent to secure an anticipatory bail from the court of sessions.