wife not allowing me to talk to my daughter despite divorce MOU
Hi, me and my ex wife has got divorced 4 months back. We also signed an mou for the conditions after divorce. I was supposed to have rights for phone, Skype with my daughter and also alternate weekends visitation. Now she has suddenly turned it around is not allowing me to talk to my daughter. How to proceed legally
As I understand from the facts narrated by you, the terms of MOU must have been forming part of the Divorce Decree that you obtained.
If so, you have the right to file contempt of court petition before jurisdictional High Court .
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
First of all,you have to show divorce & MOU contents to us.You can proceed through court to meet your daughter & talk with her. Being a guardian ,you have a right to meet her as per Guardian & Wards act.
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
If the conditions of visitation and Skype calls formed part of your divorce petition and decree then a simple case of contempt before the Delhi High Court will be sufficient but if thats not the case then let me see the MOU and then i can advise you better.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque Bounce due to fund shortage
- Uncle sold grandfathers property before partition what can we do
- Can husband stop giving maintenance if I shift to another state?
- Can I get my fathers shares from elder brother of my father
- Want information regarding my home loan can I file RTI