Wife not allowing any physical relationship. Filed false dowry case.
I got married with this girl on the 17th of January, 2013. She lived with me for about 42 days and then went to her hometown. She was not allowing me physical relationship with her but I tolerated this behavior of her silently. She did not come back until 5th December, 2013.
She went back to her parents with my uncle saying that she would be back in a few days and before our wedding anniversary. But she did not.
She's put a complaint of dowry and domestic violence now. What should I do?
Expert Legal Advice:
In such a scenario it is best that you lodge a detailed complaint with the your local Police Station that in such circumstances your wife has left you and that she's threatening or you are apprehensive that she will lodge a false and frivolous complaint against you and your family with respect to dowry.
Further if you can collect any evidence that she has been staying separately like call records, etc., then that would help you in proving that she has been staying separately and hence there arises no question of harassment of any sort.
Further, if you get a call from the Women Cell, then do join the investigation as that will prove your bonafide intentions and whenever you are apprehensive that you might be getting threatened from the Police, then apply for anticipatory bail.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to get FIR copy from court for a bike theft case
- Husband unemployed. In laws torturing me. What action can i take?
- best transaction of capital-while selling of house
- If sibling occupy property after death of father what action possible
- Can legal heirs transfer property after the death of parents