quesWife not allowing any physical relationship. Filed false dowry case.

I got married with this girl on the 17th of January, 2013. She lived with me for about 42 days and then went to her hometown. She was not allowing me physical relationship with her but I tolerated this behavior of her silently. She did not come back until 5th December, 2013.


She went back to her parents with my uncle saying that she would be back in a few days and before our wedding anniversary. But she did not.


She's put a complaint of dowry and domestic violence now. What should I do?


  • ans


    Expert Legal Advice:


    In such a scenario it is best that you lodge a detailed complaint with the your local Police Station that in such circumstances your wife has left you and that she's threatening or you are apprehensive that she will lodge a false and frivolous complaint against you and your family with respect to dowry.


    Further if you can collect any evidence that she has been staying separately like call records, etc., then that would help you in proving that she has been staying separately and hence there arises no question of harassment of any sort.


    Further, if you get a call from the Women Cell, then do join the investigation as that will prove your bonafide intentions and whenever you are apprehensive that you might be getting threatened from the Police, then apply for anticipatory bail.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband fights with me n threatens to harm me n kids. Lies around to…
hello sir, iam pooja selvi from Andaman & Nicobar Port Blair South Andaman, sir since…

My friend got married 2 months ago and now she wants a divorce from her…

Recently my wife started friendship with a 26 years old man and he has been…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly