quesWife not able to conceive. Not getting treatment as well. What to do

This is my second marriage. I am 42 years old and my wife is 30 years old. We went to medical check up as we were not able to conceive a child. My report came fine but she is not able to conceive. Neither is she willing to get the treatment done from doctor. Can i file for divorce on this ground? Also, they have connections with politicians due to which i receive threats from them. What can i do about it?

• ansOn the ground of causing mental cruelty you can definitely file a divorce petition but I would advise you to first issue a legal notice to her then and then only proceed for divorce.so far as threats are concerned ....need to inform concerned police station in writing and also keep the acknowledgement receipts of the same.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansYes you can file divorce on the ground that you are been deprived of fatherhood by your wife.

Advocate Purvi Shah

Malad West, Mumbai