Wife needs a divorce.
I got separated from my wife since last 3 months. How to stop my divorce. I don't want divorce, as she wants a divorce? She took this decision in a pressure. Her parents forcefully told me to do sign on a notebook paper that you both need a divorce and both families are agree with all the terms. She took all her items with her.
She is living with parents now. They told us we will talk after 3 months. But 3 months are about to finish. Still waiting for their positive response. MY wife is having good financial background. She is rich. But i belongs to a poor family, do i have to pay alimony or maintenance , if she proceed with a divorce case. Can she take a decree of divorce alone ?
You may file for restitution of conjugal rights in the court. She cannot take a decree of divorce without making you a party. The court will issue you a notice of her having filed a divorce case against you wherein you will be given sufficient opportunity to contest her case fittingly through your lawyer. Unless she gets a decree of divorce in her favor she cannot remarry. Remarriage during the subsistence of marriage constitutes the offence of bigamy which is punishable with an imprisonment of up to 7 years.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Signed employment bond but got government job and want to quit
- How can i give up my share in my parents property?
- What are the rights of daughter in ancestral property ?
- mutation and ownership certificate not available can we sell property
- Already having H1B visa can i apply for B1 visa again?