quesWife needs a divorce.

I got separated from my wife since last 3 months. How to stop my divorce. I don't want divorce, as she wants a divorce? She took this decision in a pressure. Her parents forcefully told me to do sign on a notebook paper that you both need a divorce and both families are agree with all the terms. She took all her items with her.

She is living with parents now. They told us we will talk after 3 months. But 3 months are about to finish. Still waiting for their positive response. MY wife is having good financial background. She is rich. But i belongs to a poor family, do i have to pay alimony or maintenance , if she proceed with a divorce case. Can she take a decree of divorce alone ?

  • ansYou may file for restitution of conjugal rights in the court. She cannot take a decree of divorce without making you a party. The court will issue you a notice of her having filed a divorce case against you wherein you will be given sufficient opportunity to contest her case fittingly through your lawyer. Unless she gets a decree of divorce in her favor she cannot remarry. Remarriage during the subsistence of marriage constitutes the offence of bigamy which is punishable with an imprisonment of up to 7 years.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, Pls advice. One of my known has filed a case under section 125 for…
Hi, Need a suggestion. If the Hindu family of a girl merry their daughter with…

I got married 2 times with same girl, 1 marriage in 2008 at arya smaj…

My parents got married in 1990 and my father went to abroad in 2003. In…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly