Wife living in my house even after divorce
My divorce case is pending in the district court since the last five years. I am giving an alimony to my wife of about 15000 per month. She was living with my mother in law since 2 years. Last week she came into my house and now she is living in my house.
I want to know can she live in my house like that? Can I stop giving her alimony? I filed the divorce and the ground for divorce is that she is mentally ill. The doctor's statement has been recorded in court.
She can certainly live in your house unless there is a restraint order from a court.
You cannot stop giving alimony to her as alimony is being paid on court orders. You can request the court to free you of the obligation to pay alimony to her as she has now returned to your house.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does written submission submitted in case form part of pleadings?
- living separately from husband for 4 years how to I proof the same
- Husband did second marriage while being married to me what punishment
- Company forcing to resign what can I do
- Pending dues not cleared for personal loan now bank harassing parents