Wife left soon after marriage. When can i file divorce?
My wife left the matrimonial home after 1 week of marriage and is not wiling to come back. After how much time can i file for divorce?
Assuming you are Hindus,
Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act provides that no divorce petition can be filed within the period of 1 year of marriage.
So you would have to wait for 1 year to pass before you could file for divorce.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure for marriage between Hindu boy and muslim girl
- How to get assets registration transferred after fathers death.
- Applied for mutual divorce/mediation but wife is not cooperating
- Can registration of vehicle after Expiry of date can be done again ?
- How can i get expenses from husband without divorcing