Wife left husband's home not coming back
My wife is not staying with me properly. She always wishes to go to her father's home frequently. If she goes to her father's home she comes after 3 months. Presently she is at her father's home from last 3 months. She is giving more importance to her father than me. Can i file divorce case on her due to her attitude?
Yes you can file for divorce against your wife on the ground of cruelty. Staying away from the matrimonial house for as long as 3 months amounts to cruelty upon the husband. You can thus file for divorce against her. Alternatively you can also file a case for resumption of conjugal duties against her and the court would order her to return to her matrimonial home.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can my father transfer ancestral property to my sister
- Can I somehow avoid tax if I sell land gifted to me by gift deed
- Suggested one company's name to invest person filed case against me
- Can we file a case of defamation if divorce petition is not proved
- section 467