quesWife left husband's home not coming back

My wife is not staying with me properly. She always wishes to go to her father's home frequently. If she goes to her father's home she comes after 3 months. Presently she is at her father's home from last 3 months. She is giving more importance to her father than me. Can i file divorce case on her due to her attitude?

• ansYes you can file for divorce against your wife on the ground of cruelty. Staying away from the matrimonial house for as long as 3 months amounts to cruelty upon the husband. You can thus file for divorce against her. Alternatively you can also file a case for resumption of conjugal duties against her and the court would order her to return to her matrimonial home.