×

quesWife left home threatening to destroy me and my family.

My in laws and wife are giving me threat that they will file false case of domestic violence and dowry against me and my family. now she left my home by saying that she will destroy me and my family. if i file conjugal rights petition in court then what are the benefits and negative points of it?

• ansFiling of Restitution of Conjugal Rights under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act can not give any advantages against the 498A IPC case. if your wife has lodge an FIR then you should get anticipatory bail to avoid arrest. Some times Restitution case may help against the Maintenance Case if she would file.

Main advantage is if wife does not come even after order for RCR is passed court may not direct you to pay maintenance .