wife is not appearing in court for divorce case
My friend is in Air Force and has a Divorce case going on in Himachal Pradesh. His wife has not appeared for any of the hearings since the past one n half year.
What can be done?
As your friend's wife is not appearing for the divorce case for the past 1 and a half year,
on the next date of hearing the same should be brought to the notice of the court and it should be submitted by your lawyer that the other party should be declared as ex parte and the case be dismissed with the order in favor of the husband.
Since, it is a divorce case, so the scope of dismissal is less but in case the judge refuses to pass any favourable orders without hearing then, the request by the lawyer can be made for imposing cost on the other party(wife).
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband took all my money and jewellery how to take it back
- Can I and my daughter stay separately from my husband without divorce
- Is an old partition deed valid to claim my share?
- In how many months of marriage can I take divorce
- No reply to complaints relating poor service by a company. What to do?