×

queswife is not appearing in court for divorce case

My friend is in Air Force and has a Divorce case going on in Himachal Pradesh. His wife has not appeared for any of the hearings since the past one n half year.

What can be done?

As your friend's wife is not appearing for the divorce case for the past 1 and a half year,

on the next date of hearing the same should be brought to the notice of the court and it should be submitted by your lawyer that the other party should be declared as ex parte and the case be dismissed with the order in favor of the husband.

Since, it is a divorce case, so the scope of dismissal is less but in case the judge refuses to pass any favourable orders without hearing then, the request by the lawyer can be made for imposing cost on the other party(wife).