quesWife involved in extra marital affair.

I got married on 29 April 2013. In December I came yo know that my wife has an affair in her office. I have call recordings and conversations as proof between my wife n his boyfriend. She has physical relations with him. So please tell can I file a case against my wife?

• ansYou have been married for only 3 months now. You are not in a position to file for divorce. It can be filed only after one year. Section 14 of HMA states that no divorce can be filed within one year of marriage, it is only in exceptional circumstances can it be filed within a period of one year and after obtaining leave from court. Gather all evidences you can in support of your case, so that it can be proved the wife is involved in an extra marital affair, post which you can in December 2014, file for divorce on grounds of adultery.