quesWife involved in extra marital affair.

I got married on 29 April 2013. In December I came yo know that my wife has an affair in her office. I have call recordings and conversations as proof between my wife n his boyfriend. She has physical relations with him. So please tell can I file a case against my wife?

  • ansYou have been married for only 3 months now. You are not in a position to file for divorce. It can be filed only after one year. Section 14 of HMA states that no divorce can be filed within one year of marriage, it is only in exceptional circumstances can it be filed within a period of one year and after obtaining leave from court. Gather all evidences you can in support of your case, so that it can be proved the wife is involved in an extra marital affair, post which you can in December 2014, file for divorce on grounds of adultery.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife and her family lodged a complaint of 498a on me and my family…
Hi team Thanks once again for your valuable suggestions online. Now coming to my query…
My husband is cruel n has anger issues. Very destructive and manipulative nature. Insults me…

I want to help my neighbor who is physically tortured and harassed by her husband.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly