quesWife having an affair with his colleague.

Sir I am married in May 2013, I found my wife is having an affair with her colleague in office from past 5 years. My question is can I file a cheating case against both?

  • ansFile for divorce against your wife on grounds of adultery , mental cruelty. Make lover co-respondent in said case. You can also file criminal complaint of adultery under section 497 of IPC against her lover. However please note that your wife cannot be punished for said offence . usually, there are no direct evidences against adultery and it has to be proven with the help of circumstantial proofs such as, photographs of the spouse with her lover at secluded place where they may get intimate or at places like hotels where they may get an opportunity for physical relationship.
    Since, it is difficult to have an eyewitness to prove an illicit relationship, it can be proved indirectly by showing evidences such as hotel bills or travel records.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have booked a petition under domestic violence. Can my husband ask for my bank…
whether wife gets 50% salary of husbands job after filing for maintenance or not?
Hi, I am 31 years female. I currently stay in Bangalore with my husband and…
On behalf of my sister (punjabi) . hi, my husband often fights wid me beats…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly