Wife harassing me
We've been married for about 3 years. I have lost all faith in my wife and this marriage. There is no physical contact with her. She is waiting for a child and then she has all her plans to harass me and my parents as she knows I am the only son of my parents. She had also defamed me by calling in my office and putting allegations of extra marital affairs on me. She has threatened me for committing suicide and always says that I am torturing her and harassing her.
I have asked for a mutual divorce but she never agrees but now I really don't want to continue with her in any way. She had gone to mahila mandal to file a complaint but she herself was found faulty and was asked for counselling. Now please tell me without my consent can Law force me for a physical relation with my wife? Till now whatever she has done doesn't it come under harassment against me?
What's the best step for me to take now? She wants to come back to me now but I have stopped her, till when can I stop her?
It is better to go for a divorce as it seems that there is no possibility of settlement. Further as far as legal action is concerned. She definitely has more rights than you. Obviously nobody can force you to have any relation with her.
A fight for divorce will not be easy for you as it will take your money and time. Try to go for a mutual settlement, probably that will be an easy way for you.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Other person claiming my property with false documents, please advise
- to get stay order on recruitment under writ
- Mentally and physically tortured by parents, what to do?
- Fraud done by car dealer and exploited by providing illicit papers
- Army officer creating a problem in residential society