quesWife filed complaint in police for beating and dowry.

Hi, I got a call from local police station saying my wife filed a fake complaint for dowry and beating for dowry. Police has called me and my family to local police station. Can they arrest me and my family?What is the case they can file legally? Does police called means its for counselling? What shall i be carefull about if i shall go on police call? Also shall i file a case for divorce first? Shall i go to police station or it is fine if i do not go? Shall i get a bail first and then go? My wife is staying away from house since past 6-7 months. i want to get divorce. pls help.

  • ans

    1.  We suggest that you should go to the police station and meet the officer. The call must be from Women Cell, so they might try for mediation

    2.  You can file for anticipatory bail before the appropriate court.

    3.  You can file a divorce case, wherein you can specify about the false complaint and seek divorce on the ground of cruelty.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father filed a an application of 13 in family court its been 8 years…
i am govt. employ . meri family m ek ladki h usko divorce krvana h…
My husband's behaviour has suddenly changed after 11 months of marriage and he don't want…
Hi,I'm Lima, from Hyderabad,I have a problem with my marriage.i got married in January 2014,…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly