Wife filed complaint in police for beating and dowry.
Hi, I got a call from local police station saying my wife filed a fake complaint for dowry and beating for dowry. Police has called me and my family to local police station. Can they arrest me and my family?What is the case they can file legally? Does police called means its for counselling? What shall i be carefull about if i shall go on police call? Also shall i file a case for divorce first? Shall i go to police station or it is fine if i do not go? Shall i get a bail first and then go? My wife is staying away from house since past 6-7 months. i want to get divorce. pls help.
1. We suggest that you should go to the police station and meet the officer. The call must be from Women Cell, so they might try for mediation
2. You can file for anticipatory bail before the appropriate court.
3. You can file a divorce case, wherein you can specify about the false complaint and seek divorce on the ground of cruelty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- fees to be given for multiple visa for usa
- What documents required to seek funding from investors?
- Daughter mortgaged mothers property for loan can brother take action
- Can my sisters claim in our father's property ?
- Writing of minutes under public trust can be pasted in registered