Wife doesn't treat my parents well. Can i divorce her on that ground?
I was married on 2011. My parents visits me every year for one months. My wife doesn't respect them and tolerate them. Can i file for divorce on this ground? Do i have to pay her something as well?
There are grounds for divorce. Cruelty is one of the ground for divorce.
If you feel that your wife is disrespectful towards your parents and that causes a mental injury to you you can contest cruelly against her and take divorce on that ground.
Please feel free to revert.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
You can file divorce on this Ground as this constitutes mental cruelty. However, unless you have a strong evidence, it would be extremely difficult for you to prove the same. Thus, you need to plan everything collect evidence such as text messages that she must be sending showing her disrespect towards your parents, phone call recordings and also install camera in the common area of your house. Be cautioned that you do not utter any non-sense or do anything which may run against you.
If your wife is working and earning well, then barring stridhan you needn't pay her anything as it will be a contested divorce. But this seldom happens in India. Therefore, you may be required to shell out some money to get the divorce.
If your wife is not working, then you will have to pay her alimony and until divorce is granted, you will have to pay interim maintenance.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
Yes divorce can be obtained on this ground as it may form a component of act of cruelty committed by your wife on you. Yes you can file divorce petition and also you will have to pay for the maintenance, if you are covered by the relevant Act.
Advocate Gaurav Kumar SinghGreater Kailash I, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the process for correction of DOB in class 10 marksheet
- How to claim visitation rights for my child?
- What does "judgement type - final non AFR" means?
- If i file a FIR, will i get a lawyer or do have to find 1 and pay him?
- Cant alimony be demanded from husband if the wife is working