quesWife doesn't stay with me for continuous for 1 month. What to do?

Me and my wife are facing problem that my wife doesn't stay with me and keeps coming and going to her parents. She stays with her parents every 15-20 days. Can i file a restitution case?

• ansUnfortunately, you can not file restitution petition.
    As per HMA section
    9. Restitution of conjugal rights.- When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be

Advocate Chirag Bhagat

Rajmahal Road, Vadodara

• ansDear Sir,
    Firstly, yes you may file an application for restitution of conjugal rights. Secondly, this application will also help you if your wife moves an application seeking money for maintenance from you.

Advocate Mauleen Marfatia

Thaltej, Ahmedabad