quesWife cheated on husband before marriage with profession

Ramesh found a bio-data from a marriage bureau of a girl named Sujata, claiming to be an IAS officer who was looking for a suitable groom.On enquiry Ramesh found Sujata is selected as an IAS officer. Now he wants to marry her. Sujata insists on court marriage and saying she didn't believe in customs.Both got marriage. After an year a daughter was born to them. After some time Ramesh found that his wife was not an IAS officer.

She had fraud and also bluffed him about her age. Shocked, Ramesh moved the trial court for dissolution of the marriage on the ground of deceit and fraud on the past of Sujata, his wife. Trial court says the Ramesh pay alimony to Sujata and the child which will be more than 50% of his salary. Ramesh moved the supreme court and asked the following questions:-

Q.No.1-whether a lady who has practiced deliberate fraud on a man to lure him to marriage was entitled to maintenance? Q.No.2-can the wife be allowed to take advantage of a husband whom she entrapped?

  • ansIf the wife is IAS Officer then she is unable to get maintenance from husband because she is able to maintain herself but she can file a maintenance case against him on behalf of her daughter. No, she can not be allowed.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I m from Hindu religion. Myself n wife live separately for last one year in…

I am expelled out of in laws house with a plan and left with a…

Hi may I know what is the meaning of expartie.husband is expartie women win or…
Looking for a Mutual Divorce. So wanted to know the procedure for that. And do…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly