Wife cheated on husband before marriage with profession
Ramesh found a bio-data from a marriage bureau of a girl named Sujata, claiming to be an IAS officer who was looking for a suitable groom.On enquiry Ramesh found Sujata is selected as an IAS officer. Now he wants to marry her. Sujata insists on court marriage and saying she didn't believe in customs.Both got marriage. After an year a daughter was born to them. After some time Ramesh found that his wife was not an IAS officer.
She had fraud and also bluffed him about her age. Shocked, Ramesh moved the trial court for dissolution of the marriage on the ground of deceit and fraud on the past of Sujata, his wife. Trial court says the Ramesh pay alimony to Sujata and the child which will be more than 50% of his salary. Ramesh moved the supreme court and asked the following questions:-
Q.No.1-whether a lady who has practiced deliberate fraud on a man to lure him to marriage was entitled to maintenance? Q.No.2-can the wife be allowed to take advantage of a husband whom she entrapped?
If the wife is IAS Officer then she is unable to get maintenance from husband because she is able to maintain herself but she can file a maintenance case against him on behalf of her daughter. No, she can not be allowed.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Met with accident without licence, what can be done
- Anticipatory bail cancelled because of cheque bounce
- Planning to buy floor under GPA will there be any problem in future?
- My in laws are asking me to leave matrimonial house
- Transaction using debit card what would be jurisdiction for complaint