×

quesWife cheated on husband before marriage with profession

Ramesh found a bio-data from a marriage bureau of a girl named Sujata, claiming to be an IAS officer who was looking for a suitable groom.On enquiry Ramesh found Sujata is selected as an IAS officer. Now he wants to marry her. Sujata insists on court marriage and saying she didn't believe in customs.Both got marriage. After an year a daughter was born to them. After some time Ramesh found that his wife was not an IAS officer.

She had fraud and also bluffed him about her age. Shocked, Ramesh moved the trial court for dissolution of the marriage on the ground of deceit and fraud on the past of Sujata, his wife. Trial court says the Ramesh pay alimony to Sujata and the child which will be more than 50% of his salary. Ramesh moved the supreme court and asked the following questions:-

Q.No.1-whether a lady who has practiced deliberate fraud on a man to lure him to marriage was entitled to maintenance? Q.No.2-can the wife be allowed to take advantage of a husband whom she entrapped?

• ansIf the wife is IAS Officer then she is unable to get maintenance from husband because she is able to maintain herself but she can file a maintenance case against him on behalf of her daughter. No, she can not be allowed.