×

quesWife asking huge money else threatening to come back and stay with him

My friends wife has filed a case of divorce against him and is demanding Rs. 35 lacs and 25 thousand per month. She is threatening him that she will come and stay with him again if he doesn't pay the money to her. The case has been pending in court from 2013. I want to know can she legally come and stay with him? What can he do?

Since there is no final verdict with respect to divorce case filed by your friend's wife, she has got an option to come and stay with her husband.

But as per law your friend's wife can claim interim maintenance during the pendency of Divorce case and the amount to be awarded is of discretion of  the court.

• ansIf she has filed petition for divorce, she cannot come and threaten him. She can only ask for monthly maintenance subject to the court order.

She cannot ask lump sum maintenance and resort to threatening tactic. If your friend has already engage an advocate and contesting, he can bring the same to court notice and get appropriate relief.
    He has to contest the divorce petition otherwise court may award maintenance as per her prayer.

Advocate Sandeep Hegde

Rajajinagar, Bangalore

• ansSince there is no final verdict with respect to divorce case filed by your friend's wife, she has got an option to come and stay with her husband. But as per law your friend's wife can claim interim maintenance during the pendency of Divorce case and the amount to be awarded is of discretion of the court.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore