Wife asking for money to transfer property
After the first motion of our Mutual Consent divorce in 2011, an affidavit was drafted where both the parties will not claim for maintenance ever but no one mentioned anything about the properties that we had. A few days back, my wife asked my for 10 lakhs to transfer the joint property to my name. This property is still on load and all the amount is solely paid by me.
My wife's name is there as a co-buyer in the said property. We agreed before the affidavit that she will transfer the property in my name but now she asking me for money. What can I now do?
Since your wife is the co-owner of the said property and has a 50% share in the said property, pay her after she attends the divorce proceedings. Let her execute the Release Deed with respect to her share in the said property in your favor.
It would be better to pay her right now to obtain the divorce only. If you refuse and if she doesn't turn up for the second motion your divorce petition would be dismissed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No info given regarding training expenses. Can company recover it?
- For maternity leave we get full salary or the basic pay
- Can I get seniority and other benefits from CAT judgement
- If child below 5 years who will get custody after divorce?
- Can I take legal action against an Advocate?