quesWife asking for money to transfer property

After the first motion of our Mutual Consent divorce in 2011, an affidavit was drafted where both the parties will not claim for maintenance ever but no one mentioned anything about the properties that we had. A few days back, my wife asked my for 10 lakhs to transfer the joint property to my name. This property is still on load and all the amount is solely paid by me.

My wife's name is there as a co-buyer in the said property. We agreed before the affidavit that she will transfer the property in my name but now she asking me for money. What can I now do?

  • ansSince your wife is the co-owner of the said property and has a 50% share in the said property, pay her after she attends the divorce proceedings. Let her execute the Release Deed with respect to her share in the said property in your favor.

    It would be better to pay her right now to obtain the divorce only. If you refuse and if she doesn't turn up for the second motion your divorce petition would be dismissed.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir agar 18 months sai meri wife muz sai alg rah rahi hai . mainy…
We ha settled divorce at mutual conset for a lumpsum fix alimony..and i paid t…
Me and my wife have stayed apart for the last three years, and now I…

Whenever we have an argument or fight she starts hitting herself or will throw stuff…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly