Wife after leaving me married and living with another man. What to do?
My son's wife left home 2 years ago and is staying with another man after marrying him. We have proofs of her marriage with the other man. Can we file an adultery case against her and ask the police to raid their home and arrest her for adultery?
Also, on what all grounds can we file a divorce against her?
Yes you can register a complaint in the nearest Police Station for the offence of Bigamy under Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code and for adultery under Section 497, however your son's wife shall be punished for the offence of abetting adultery.
With respect to seeking divorce,
Your son can seek divorce under Section 13(i) and 13(ib) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 on the grounds of adultery and on the grounds of desertion for a period of 2 years.
His wife staying with other man is a very strong ground for Divorce as it amounts to cruelty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does a private limited company must need majority share holder?
- Appeal in High-court mumbai for ownership as per adverse possession
- Can the previous owner ask for his rights after selling the property?
- No proper calculation of remuneration in contract
- Husband do not want to continue marriage neither wiling to leave house