Why is uniform civil code necessary in India?
I want to know about shah bano case that why is uniform civil code necessary in india?
This is controversial case of alimony and maintenance in Muslim. This case in fact highlights how people use religion as a tool for their own personal vendetta.
Supreme Court had passed a masterpiece judgment, giving right to a Muslim woman of maintenance on monthly basis, but then it was over turned by a legislation passed by the parliament with full majority- Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act, 1986.
This act was passed to over turn the ruling of Shah Bano. The events that took place actually shakes the faith in how people have manipulated Islam, the need for Uniform Civil Code, and how congress uses Religion as a tool to get votes.A little backdrop, unlike other religions, Muslim Woman are not as educated and self dependent like the rest of the Woman. Education is denied to them and they are not allowed to work either, hence post divorce the need for maintenance only becomes greater in them.In India we have different personal laws governing each community like Muslim Laws are governed by their own Personal laws, Hindu Laws are governed by the Hindu Marriage Act, Hindu Succession Act.
The personal laws govern Marriage, Succession, Adoption, Divorce. etc.
These personal laws are not penalizing in nature. For eg, Adultery becomes a ground of divorce and Judicial Separation. But if you want your husband to be punished for adultery, you have to resort IPC ( Indian Penal Codes). Personal Laws are also called Family laws.
Your query cannot be answered in short .you need to have a personal meeting to hear the answer .
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Police man used abusive language and took my RC what are my rights
- how can property be transferred to co-owner after first owner's death
- What is the procedure for Gift deed cancellation
- Bought land from son whose father gave it to temple what to do
- Bought gold from thief how can I save myself