What to do if I receive a divorce notice from my husband ?
Hi I have receuved a notice from my husband's lawyer stating that i have to go n get settled down with him at his house but m not ready to go i have been given 15 days tme to go back. Plz help me out.
Your query is not very clear. What are the reasons for leaving the house and why do you don't want to go back? Any case, if you don't want to go back, you have to reply to the notice through a lawyer stating the reasons. Otherwise, he may proceed with legal options available.
Advocate Samina MirzaNerul, NaviMumbai
As you have received notice so now you also have to replied it through advocate, you have right to file maintenance cases against him and also against your inlaw wherein you can get maintenance, protection order, residence order. For further assistance you can contact me...
Advocate Shashi ChaturvediDombivli, Thane
It is advisable to meet an advocate and discuss the state of your marriage and your intentions ahead to reply to the notice accordingly.If you plan to go back to your matrimonial home then a reply is not neccessary but if not then many options are there and reply to be framed accordingly.
Advocate Shalini DeviGoregoan East, Mumbai
Hi if you agree with the terms and conditions and allegations made by your husband than you can go home if not than reply to notice and file case for maintenance against him if you to want divorce file divorce case simultaneously.
Advocate Mrutyunjay Mahendra BhokhareDombivali, Mumbai
You can reply his notice by saying that his behaviour and all other aspects which are intolerable and objectionable cannot be accepted and you don't want to continue relationship with him. You also mention certain incidences which you didn't like.
Advocate Abhaysinh Kashinath BhosleSeven Hills, Aurangabad
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Just now I reached 21 years can I marry legally
- Can younger brother have right to get share in elder's property?
- Buyer want property in sister's name without proper power of attorney.
- Cancellation exam after documentation Medical & police verification
- Procedure for registration of company and is it mandatory