quesWhat to do if I receive a divorce notice from my husband ?

Hi I have receuved a notice from my husband's lawyer stating that i have to go n get settled down with him at his house but m not ready to go i have been given 15 days tme to go back. Plz help me out.

• ansYour query is not very clear. What are the reasons for leaving the house and why do you don't want to go back? Any case, if you don't want to go back, you have to reply to the notice through a lawyer stating the reasons. Otherwise, he may proceed with legal options available.

Advocate Samina Mirza

Nerul, NaviMumbai

• ansAs you have received notice so now you also have to replied it through advocate, you have right to file maintenance cases against him and also against your inlaw wherein you can get maintenance, protection order, residence order. For further assistance you can contact me...

Advocate Shashi Chaturvedi

Dombivli, Thane

• ansIt is advisable to meet an advocate and discuss the state of your marriage and your intentions ahead to reply to the notice accordingly.If you plan to go back to your matrimonial home then a reply is not neccessary but if not then many options are there and reply to be framed accordingly.

Advocate Shalini Devi

Goregoan East, Mumbai

• ansHi if you agree with the terms and conditions and allegations made by your husband than you can go home if not than reply to notice and file case for maintenance against him if you to want divorce file divorce case simultaneously.

• ansYou can reply his notice by saying that his behaviour and all other aspects which are intolerable and objectionable cannot be accepted and you don't want to continue relationship with him. You also mention certain incidences which you didn't like.

Advocate Abhaysinh Kashinath Bhosle

Seven Hills, Aurangabad