quesWhat should i do if i cant pay settlemnt amout as per my inlaws demand

Hi i need help on my marriage fails as i married to a girl whom i loved and my inlaws have influenced in my married lyf .i was working in bpo and so on they insist me to stay in their another flat where i was paying rent bt due to their lot of interference and abusing me i decided nt to stay their anymore and nw they want me to live with them or want a divorce with the high amount as a settlement which i cant do please help how shud i act on this?

• ansDear Sir,

You have every right to change the house and demand your wife's company. You should file a complaint with police if they try to harasses you move out of the house and demand your wife's company. If your wife under pressure refuses file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. The court will order your wife to stay with you.

Advocate Sonia Saini

• ansSettlement amount is something which should be acceptable to both the parties. In case u want divorce than please keep in mind that being a husband u have to pay a one time settlement amount which can be discussed and agreed between the parties on their own. But the best option would be to do all the formalities under legal supervision and not arbitrarily.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi