What should i do if i cant pay settlemnt amout as per my inlaws demand
Hi i need help on my marriage fails as i married to a girl whom i loved and my inlaws have influenced in my married lyf .i was working in bpo and so on they insist me to stay in their another flat where i was paying rent bt due to their lot of interference and abusing me i decided nt to stay their anymore and nw they want me to live with them or want a divorce with the high amount as a settlement which i cant do please help how shud i act on this?
You have every right to change the house and demand your wife's company. You should file a complaint with police if they try to harasses you move out of the house and demand your wife's company. If your wife under pressure refuses file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. The court will order your wife to stay with you.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
Settlement amount is something which should be acceptable to both the parties. In case u want divorce than please keep in mind that being a husband u have to pay a one time settlement amount which can be discussed and agreed between the parties on their own. But the best option would be to do all the formalities under legal supervision and not arbitrarily.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Information about Security bond - Procedure & Charges
- If wife has lost maintenance case can she file it again
- Employer denied to pay salary for the work done
- Friend used credit card without permission and now not responding
- Vehicle loan completed. Recovery agent harassing me. Where to complain