What is the procedure for divorce, if marred for 7 years?
One of my friend want to divorce his wife. He is been married for 7 years. What is the procedure for divorce? She is not wiling to divorce him.
He has to file for contested divorce before the family court of concerned jurisdiction and in the petition sufficient grounds for divorce has to be mentioned. Thereafter the procedure as per law has to be observed that begins from a notice being served to his wife and then she has to file a reply. Necessary hearing would be done thereafter.
Advocate Tanushree SahaniJakkur, Bangalore
He can file a divorce case by approaching the Jurisdictional family court on several grounds as stated in the Act against his wife i.e. by way of filing contesting divorce Petition in case his wife does not wish to give a divorce.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
Your friend wants a divorce on what grounds, first and foremost that must be decided, after which both parties must have been living separately for a minimum of 1 year (even if residing under one roof-but sleeping in separate rooms can be termed separation), if out of this marriage they have any children, who will take custody of these children/s
The husband can issue a legal notice to his wife stating therein the grounds on which he wants a divorce from his wife, give some reasonable time for his wife to reply to the legal notice and then proceed to file the petition, with all documentary proof.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company not providing revealing letter what action can we take
- Borrowed cheque bounced legal notice received what action can i take
- Green tribunal is giving notice for house next to reservoir
- Threatening of being jailed under false dowry case
- Can I take legal action against my mother in law for doing black magic