quesWhat is the procedure for divorce, if marred for 7 years?

One of my friend want to divorce his wife. He is been married for 7 years. What is the procedure for divorce? She is not wiling to divorce him.

• ansHe has to file for contested divorce before the family court of concerned jurisdiction and in the petition sufficient grounds for divorce has to be mentioned. Thereafter the procedure as per law has to be observed that begins from a notice being served to his wife and then she has to file a reply. Necessary hearing would be done thereafter.

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

Jakkur, Bangalore

• ansHe can file a divorce case by approaching the Jurisdictional family court on several grounds as stated in the Act against his wife i.e. by way of filing contesting divorce Petition in case his wife does not wish to give a divorce.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• ansYour friend wants a divorce on what grounds, first and foremost that must be decided, after which both parties must have been living separately for a minimum of 1 year (even if residing under one roof-but sleeping in separate rooms can be termed separation), if out of this marriage they have any children, who will take custody of these children/s
    The husband can issue a legal notice to his wife stating therein the grounds on which he wants a divorce from his wife, give some reasonable time for his wife to reply to the legal notice and then proceed to file the petition, with all documentary proof.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore