quesWhat is the procedure for divorce, if marred for 7 years?

One of my friend want to divorce his wife. He is been married for 7 years. What is the procedure for divorce? She is not wiling to divorce him.

  • ansHe has to file for contested divorce before the family court of concerned jurisdiction and in the petition sufficient grounds for divorce has to be mentioned. Thereafter the procedure as per law has to be observed that begins from a notice being served to his wife and then she has to file a reply. Necessary hearing would be done thereafter.

    Advocate Tanushree Sahani

      Jakkur, Bangalore

  • ansHe can file a divorce case by approaching the Jurisdictional family court on several grounds as stated in the Act against his wife i.e. by way of filing contesting divorce Petition in case his wife does not wish to give a divorce.

    Advocate Jagadish N

      Adugodi, Bangalore

  • ansYour friend wants a divorce on what grounds, first and foremost that must be decided, after which both parties must have been living separately for a minimum of 1 year (even if residing under one roof-but sleeping in separate rooms can be termed separation), if out of this marriage they have any children, who will take custody of these children/s
    The husband can issue a legal notice to his wife stating therein the grounds on which he wants a divorce from his wife, give some reasonable time for his wife to reply to the legal notice and then proceed to file the petition, with all documentary proof.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

how much time it will take if all sections are compoundable and chargesheet is filed…
Kindly Assist in below Query My sister got married in the year 2013 with an…
I was not well that day so i asked my wife can you leave the…
Hi i filed for divorce on the grounds me and my husband or not living…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly