What is a process to file a domestic violence complaint?
What is the process to file a complaint in domestic violence and can the wife live in shared accommodation? Also, what is the time frame in which one can expect a resolution.
A complaint is filed before the concerned Metropolitan Magistrate. He affords a hearing in no later than 3 days.
Wife has full right to live shared family accommodation.
Lastly, no fixed time frame is present but such complaints are disposed off very quickly.
Advocate Nishant RaiGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Firstly, you have to collect your chain of events I.e.harassment like sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and mentally.Then it will be converted into a legal format.
Yes,a wife can live in shared accomodation.
It will take approx 2 years In which one can except a resolution.
Advocate Arti SharmaTis Hazari Court, Delhi
U need to first give a complaint to the concerned police station regarding the incidence of domestic violence n then there is a prescribed format in domestic violence act to file complaint before a magistrate on the basis of police complaint . u need a advocate to file complaint as there are lot of technicalities in filing a case u/s 12 of domestic violence act
Advocate Anshul GuptaAjmeri Gate, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Termination from office w/o any reasonable cause,what can I do legally
- Left husband and living with boyfriend after one month of marriage
- Property given to builder for making building but he committed fraud
- Speed Post Article not delivered what action can i take.
- Need Clarification for Property Transfer to my mother