quesWhat is a process to file a domestic violence complaint?

What is the process to file a complaint in domestic violence and can the wife live in shared accommodation? Also, what is the time frame in which one can expect a resolution.

  • ansA complaint is filed before the concerned Metropolitan Magistrate. He affords a hearing in no later than 3 days.

    Wife has full right to live shared family accommodation.

    Lastly, no fixed time frame is present but such complaints are disposed off very quickly.

    Advocate Nishant Rai

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • ansFirstly, you have to collect your chain of events I.e.harassment like sexually, financially, emotionally, physically and mentally.Then it will be converted into a legal format.
    Yes,a wife can live in shared accomodation.
    It will take approx 2 years In which one can except a resolution.

    Advocate Arti Sharma

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • ansU need to first give a complaint to the concerned police station regarding the incidence of domestic violence n then there is a prescribed format in domestic violence act to file complaint before a magistrate on the basis of police complaint . u need a advocate to file complaint as there are lot of technicalities in filing a case u/s 12 of domestic violence act

    Advocate Anshul Gupta

      Ajmeri Gate, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

If my trust is broken by my husband then can I deny the marital duties…
We are since 2 years separated and police complaint was also filed by me as…
Hii i and my husband got married as per hindu act we just have the…

Hi.....I seperated from my husband after 4 months of marriage as he was a physcho…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly