What documents required for filing divorce?
What all documents are required for filing of divorce from my husband? He is not wiling to divorce me?
If your husband is not wiling to file a divorce petition then you can file divorce under section 13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act( assuming you are a Hindu) on any of the grounds, as per your facts and circumstances.
While filing divorce petition , you would require
1. Marriage Photograph and certificate if any,
2. Id proof,
3. Any of the documents which you intend to annex.
If your husband is not willing to to give divorce to you then you alone should approach the Jurisdictional Family court to file contesting divorce petition and you should furnish your details and documents in support of your defense. You should consult an advocate.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can wife claim in fathers property after divorce
- Delay by company to release my provident fund amount
- Company not paying compensation according to scheme
- How to transfer divorce case from Delhi to Indore
- Who is entitled to DMAT acount after death of holder?