quesWhat cases can I file on my estranged husband who harasses me fr money

I have been married since 7 years and have a 3.5 yrs old daughter. i am separated from husband and staying with my mother since last 2 years.

My husband does not meet, does not give any maintenance, does not meet the child. He also keeps harassing me for money.

What all cases can I file. Can these cases be filed simultaneously?

  • ans

    Assuming you are Hindus,

    The following legal remedies are available to :

    1. You can file a complaint in the women cell about your husband's action.

    2. You can file a divorce case under section 13(1)(ia) and 13(1)(ib) of the Hindu marriage act which deals with cruelty and dessertion respectively.

    For your understanding under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955,

    Section 13. Divorce: (1) Any marriage solemnised, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, may, on a petition presented by either the husband or the wife, be dissolved by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party -
                 (ia) has, after the solemnisation of the marriage, treated the petitioner with cruelty; or
                 (ib) has deserted the petitioner for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceeding the presentation of the petition; 

    3. Along with the divorce, you can file for maintenance for you as well as your child under Section 18 of the The Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956.

    4. You can also file a police complaint against your husband under section 498a of the indian penal code for harassing you for money.

    Now regarding your second query,
    Yes these cases can be filed simultaneously.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My Daughter in law left our house and her 13 year old marriage because my…

I am a Hindu Male, got married in April 2015; things were going well between…
Hello there, my husband has filed a Complaint Case under Section 420 IPC against me…
My religion is Hindu. My husband married me in 2014 later I got a Tumor…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly