quesWhat are my rights over my husband's assets?

I am a goan roman catholic married to a RC goan settled in mumbai. We got married in 1998 in goa. I am planning to file for divorce. I wish to know if i have any rights over the husband or his fathers assets in mumbai. He had bought a flat for us in mumbai a year after getting married. I am presently staying in Goa with my son since the last 5 years.

• ansAs per the existing law in India you have no right over the movable or immovable property of either your husband or father-in-law. The only right which you and your son enjoy is the right to claim maintenance from your husband. In addition to claiming maintenance from his father your son can also claim a share in the ancestral property, if any, of your husband.