quesWhat are my rights if i file for divorce?

I want to separate from my husband. What are my rights and what all can i claim?

  • ansAnswer:Hello, For filing divorce two things required cruelty n desertion which have to be proved. You have not specified reasons for divorce. You also not disclosed about kids you both have out of wedlock. You can claim maintenance too. U can contact us n disclose your further action

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansOne can file complaint under Domestic Violence act and seek the reliefs she is in need of. By filing divorce petition you can demand maintenance as well as share in his property. so by intiating these proceedings you can claim all the reliefs which u are in need of.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansYou can divorce your husband depending on the various grounds as per your situation and religion as well as personal laws.

    You can get interim maintenance during the period of case hearing.

    once case is decided then Court will grant you Permanent Alimony as well as place of residence.

    If you have kids then you can also claim the education and other expenses for the kids.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Due to irreconcilable breakdown of marriage my brother and and his wife want to file…

Me and my wife filed mutual consent divorce.we have an agreement of 6.5 lakhs.3 lakhs…

I have been married for 2 and half years now. my wife made marriage on…

I am having a troubled marriage. My wife is threatening to ruin my career and…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly