Want to more interim maintenance and recover litigation expenses.
I have filed a case under domestic violence and pleaded for interim maintenance. The court awarded me interim maintenance of Rs.10,000/-. I have also filed another case for maintenance. I wanted to know, i want my interim maintenance to be increased and wish to get my litigation expenses. How can i ask for it? Do i need to make an application or it can be done through oral arguments.
For enhancement of maintenance there has to be a final maintenance amount granted by the court, as interim maintenance is only for the purpose till the main application for maintenance is decided by the court which is done after filling documentary evidence and oral evidence.
An application needs to filed after sometime when the final maintenance amount is given by the court.
For enhancement of maintenance there has to be a final maintenance amount granted by the court,in interim maintenance is only for the purpose till the main application for maintenance is decided by the court which is done after filling documentary evidence and oral evidence.An application need to filed after sometime when the final maintenance amount is given by the court.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
The interim Order passed in the DV Act can be challenged. Secondly, there's a judgment of Delhi High Court whereby the litigation expenses are fixed. Need to see the documents on the grounds of which we can seek enhancement of maintenance.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
You need to file an application seeking enhancement of maintenance before the concerned court. However, just keep in mind that the grounds based on which the said request has been made, should be just and reasonable.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- dispute over property - can my uncles claim if their name not on deed
- How to transfer the case from one court to another
- Divorce case -Monthly Maintenance charges & share in proprties
- Are employment bonds legal in India?
- 498a case in Court. Within how much time can the case be closed?