quesWant to more interim maintenance and recover litigation expenses.

I have filed a case under domestic violence and pleaded for interim maintenance. The court awarded me interim maintenance of Rs.10,000/-. I have also filed another case for maintenance. I wanted to know, i want my interim maintenance to be increased and wish to get my litigation expenses. How can i ask for it? Do i need to make an application or it can be done through oral arguments.

• ansFor enhancement of maintenance there has to be a final maintenance amount granted by the court, as interim maintenance is only for the purpose till the main application for maintenance is decided by the court which is done after filling documentary evidence and oral evidence.

An application needs to filed after sometime when the final maintenance amount is given by the court.

• ansFor enhancement of maintenance there has to be a final maintenance amount granted by the court,in interim maintenance is only for the purpose till the main application for maintenance is decided by the court which is done after filling documentary evidence and oral evidence.An application need to filed after sometime when the final maintenance amount is given by the court.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansThe interim Order passed in the DV Act can be challenged. Secondly, there's a judgment of Delhi High Court whereby the litigation expenses are fixed. Need to see the documents on the grounds of which we can seek enhancement of maintenance.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• ansYou need to file an application seeking enhancement of maintenance before the concerned court. However, just keep in mind that the grounds based on which the said request has been made, should be just and reasonable.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi