want divorce from husband. How to go about it?
Gone to domestic violence and dowry demand from husband and in-laws from last 4 years. I have 20 months old baby boy. I want justice from my in-laws and want divorce from my husband. I am living at my dad' s place from last 2 months and try to solve the problems but it was not worth it. So, finally now i decided to get divorce. Plz help me out from this situation. My in-laws were having high contacts if i done police complaint than they use their high contacts and money power. I am well educated women & having work experience. but right now i am not so much strong in way of money power.
You may approach the magistrate court by filing complaint under section 498(A) and other sections of IPC and section 3&7 of dowry prohibition act, if you feel that police is not going to help you. You can also file complaint under domestic violence act seeking various reliefs like protection, shelter, protection of custody of child, maintaince for you and child. As far as divorce is concerned you shall approach the concerned family court seeking decree of divorce on the ground of cruelty
Advocate Narendra RamnaniThaltej, Ahmedabad
For divorce one need to have a valid reason. If one doesn't wants to live with his or her spouse than one should have a sound reason. Still there are ways and ways to get divorce. Feel free to contact me on my mobile no. Pl take prior appointment to avoid any inconvenience.
Advocate Viral MehtaNanpura, Surat
The remedy available in your situation are manifold. You can file a case for divorce under the hindu marriage act (if you and your husband are hindus). You can at the same time initiate criminal proceedings under the Indian Penal Code and you can also avail remedy under the domestic violence act. Further you can also claim maintenance from your husband and child support from your husband.
Therefore the remedies available to you are many and the best part is that you can avail the said remedies simultaneously, i.e. at the same time.
Advocate Mauleen MarfatiaThaltej, Ahmedabad
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i open a lottery website in India
- Wife claiming alimony after 14 months of mutual divorce
- Process of court marriage and registration
- Is calling female sub-ordinate on a non working day an illegal issue?
- Paid extra amount for my property but provided with less area