Unhappy in marriage
I am an unhappy married guy with no kids. Please tell me how can I get divorce.
Your apprehension is correct that there is a chance that your wife might file a criminal complaint against you in case you initiate divorce proceedings. Moreover as per the law, your wife is entitled to claim maintenance from you if she is unable to maintain herself. The amount of maintenance depends upon your earning capacity amongst other factors. In your case the best way is try and mutually settle the matter. And if that is not possible, then filing divorce petition is the only remedy. In case of any criminal complaint being filed against you and your family. You may either file a petition for quashing of the same or obtain an anticipatory bail.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Got gift deed. Father passed away. Can the property be gifted again?
- Informal agreement with the builder now he cheated
- Uncle doing illegal construction on grandmother's property want stay
- What is the difference between a lease agreement and rent deed
- Married forcefully a month ago can I get divorce now?