Unemployed alcoholic husband. Can I get maintenance if i divorce him?
I have been married for 4 yrs and have a 1yr old daughter. It was an arranged marriage. My husband turned out to be an alcoholic and this was concealed from me from the beginning.
My husband doesn't work anymore and also doesn't have any property in his name. I am a housewife myself. I need a secured future for my child and myself.
If i file for divorce am i entitled to get maintenance from him?
Assuming you are hindu,
As per your query,
Yes, you are entitled to maintenance. You can file for maintenance even without filing of divorce.
Maintenance can be claimed under section 125 of Cr.P.C. as well as section 24 of the Hindu marriage act.
And your maintenance amount would be separate from what you would get for your child.
Your child and you are entitled to get alimony i.e. maintenance from your husband.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does registration law differ from state to state in India?
- baby born in extra marital affair custody of the child and maintenance
- chances of getting A khata to a Non DC Converted property and risks
- Procedure to change lawyer
- Father not giving share in property