quesUnemployed alcoholic husband. Can I get maintenance if i divorce him?

I have been married for 4 yrs and have a 1yr old daughter. It was an arranged marriage. My husband turned out to be an alcoholic and this was concealed from me from the beginning.

My husband doesn't work anymore and also doesn't have any property in his name. I am a housewife myself. I need a secured future for my child and myself.

If i file for divorce am i entitled to get maintenance from him?

• ansAssuming you are hindu,

As per your query, 

Yes, you are entitled to maintenance. You can file for maintenance even without filing of divorce.

Maintenance can be claimed under section 125 of Cr.P.C. as well as section 24 of the Hindu marriage act.

And your maintenance amount would be separate from what you would get for your child.

Your child and you are entitled to get alimony i.e. maintenance from your husband.