Time limit to file mutual consent petition for divorce
After the marriage, what is the minimum period required for the married couple to file a Mutual Consent petition for Divorce in Courts. Is there a any difference on the above matter in case of contested divorce?
The minimum time required to file a divorce is 1 year post marriage. No divorce case - mutual or contested will be accepted by the court before the completion of 1 year of marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False sexual harassment case filed by a lady what action can we take
- Name changed in all documents but CBSE is denying to change records
- Brother came back to live with parents after 20 years how to vacate
- mutual consent divorce under sunni muslim law
- Can I leave my current job without giving 60 days notice period