quessuffering from a disease be a ground of Divorce?

i m suffering from rheumatoid arthritis can this be the ground for Divorce. and can the custody of my child go to my husband on this ground?

  • ansAny disease in communicable in nature is a ground as far as your equerry it depends upon the degree of performance of duty of partner it depends upon taking so many circumstances of case
    Custody also dependent on taking care for uplifting of child in best manner is weighed not on blind note

    Advocate Gagan M R

      KG Koppal, Mysore

  • ansHi, the disease you have suffered is incurable then only it is ground for divorce, now days allmost all diseases are incurable so based on this they can't claim divorce.

    For getting custody of the child the court will only look into the welfare of the child.

    Advocate Pradeep Bharathipura

      Rajajinagar, Bangalore

  • ansrheumatoid arthritis is not a incurable disease to seek divorce. the form specified under the act is "has been suffering from a virulent and incurable form of leprosy or has been suffering from venereal disease in a communicable form", only this could be a ground for divorce.
    as regards custody of the child, if the child is a minor then the custody will remain with the mother only, later on the husband can seek custody if the mother is suffering from some form of incurable diseases and not rheumatoid arthritis and on the ground of financial incapacity

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

One of my friend's father married a lady without the knowledge of his wife. He…

my wife charged following cases on me 498-A, 354 and 307, 506 of IPC R/w…

Hi my wife has filed an fir case against me my dad n mom in…

I want to Divorce my wife because of her misbehavior & mental torture she gives…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly