Staying separate from husband. No divorce. Use what surname of child?
I am separated from my husband since July'13. I have a baby girl who is 4 years old. Till now I have not taken a divorce from my husband. Please confirm what surname should I use for my baby?
Since the baby girl is the child of your husband, she shall continue to retain the same surname as her father. However, if upon obtaining divorce, you retain the custody of the child and re-marry, then the child can have the surname of the new father.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife blackmails me to file case. Ground for divorce which i can file?
- Requirement for setting up a restaurant bar in jaipur
- witness name to be given before accused gets arrested or after?
- Bail rejected in session court charged u/s 408
- Father owned a flat in Mumbai. Now we can came to know its on benami.