Staying separate from husband. No divorce. Use what surname of child?
I am separated from my husband since July'13. I have a baby girl who is 4 years old. Till now I have not taken a divorce from my husband. Please confirm what surname should I use for my baby?
Since the baby girl is the child of your husband, she shall continue to retain the same surname as her father. However, if upon obtaining divorce, you retain the custody of the child and re-marry, then the child can have the surname of the new father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Failing to obtain stay order from court before illegal construction
- How can my sister quash 498A case against my brother in law
- Boundary is wrongly marked seller is claiming back after 25 years
- Can we sue someone for the money he earned from our ancestral proeprty
- Brother and sister without investing in property asking for share