Started live in relationship with a cousin. Now he kicked us out.
I was a single mother with 2 kids for 10 yrs this year I met my cousin a we fell in love he made me shift my house a live with him with in a month we got Madrid in a temple in Hindu rights we applied fr register marriage a we both signed them or later asks us to come after a month with 3 witness by following month my husband dint go to sign now he claims there as no marriage and ask me to leave he is rude to me he a big alcoholic and a womanizer why should I do pls help?
Were you not aware of his character before you moved into his life or before marrying him?.
Well, though the marriage has not been registered, it cannot be denied nor can he claim that marriage has not taken place at all between you and him.
Before that you have to answer a few questions
1) What do you mean by single mother with 2 kids?
2) Are you a divorcee or a widow?
3) If you were not a widow at the time of marrying him, whether your previous marriage subsisted or dissolved by a decree of divorce through a court of law?
4) What was his marital status at the time or marrying you?
5)Whether he was a bachelor or divorcee or a married man with his previous marriage subsisting as on the date of solemnisation of your marriage with him?
6) You have stated that he was your cousin, how do you define the relationship between you both?
7)Whether you both are coming under prohibited relationship or not?
8)Who conducted your marriage in the temple, was it by a priest or that you both simply exchanged the garlands?
9) You have stated that the marriage was performed as per Hindu religious rites, if so, how many people witnessed the marriage, whether you have a receipt given by the temple authorities for the marriage permitted to solemnise within the said temple premises?
10) Whether those people attended the marriage will confirm the same before court?
11) Whether there was any invitation card printed for the occasion of your marriage with him?
You may revert with the answers for the above questions so that proper suggestion and opinion can be rendered.
Advocate T KalaiselvanKosapet, Vellore
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is insider dealing and related laws?
- Sister's share in father's property when POA is in my name
- Employer denying to reimburse money for my tickets
- I am being tortured/abused by manager What action can I take
- Can reply of a legal notice be sent via email, please suggest.