Son's wife filing false cases against my son. How do I protect my son?
My Daughter in law left our house 7 years back and she took all the jewelery with her. Since the day she left she has been putting baseless cases on my son. Complaints regarding dowry, physical violence and not giving her money for daily chores was reported in the Police Station for which my son was arrested many a times.
How can I protect my son against these baseless allegations?
You should file a petition for divorce on the grounds of cruelty. The Bombay High Court has held that filing of such false and baseless complaints against the husband also amount to cruelty and therefore a valid ground for divorce.
Further you can file a petition for quashing of FIRs which have been registered by your wife against you. This petition needs to be filed in the High Court of the state, and in the petition you will have to substantiate that such false and frivolous case have been filed against you by your wife.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property owner name changed in land records with telling us what to do
- Case against a job portal for cheating.
- No possession of flat builder not paying the return on investment
- when and how defendant can file a written statement
- GPA given to someone by previous owner of property is sale valid