Sister's husband physically abuses her. What to do
My sister's husband is physically abusive. He beats her. She also have a 2 year old son. After the birth of the son sister's husband forced her to get abortion twice. What can we do know?
You sister can file a police complaint against her husband under section 498A.
She can also file a complaint under the domestic violence act.
Assuming your sister is a Hindu,
She can file a divorce case under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Change in ownership name or removal of 1 of joint owner and adding new
- Can I get copy of POA from court
- Wife not coming to matrimonial home and filed case u/s 125 crpc.
- Husband did second marriage before taking divorce from the first wife
- If child below 5 years who will get custody after divorce?