quesSister's husband physically abuses her. What to do

My sister's husband is physically abusive. He beats her. She also have a 2 year old son. After the birth of the son sister's husband forced her to get abortion twice. What can we do know?

  • ansYou sister can file a police complaint against her husband under section 498A.

    She can also file a complaint under the domestic violence act.

    Assuming your sister is a Hindu,

    She can file a divorce case under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

If my divorce case is pending for more than a year & if my wife…

Dear sir I have got divorced 7 years back and in court where I have…

me and my wife both are hindu.. my wife was with another man when i…

i married in the Arya Samajh mandir and I have a certificate for the same.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly