Sister's husband physically abuses her. What to do
My sister's husband is physically abusive. He beats her. She also have a 2 year old son. After the birth of the son sister's husband forced her to get abortion twice. What can we do know?
You sister can file a police complaint against her husband under section 498A.
She can also file a complaint under the domestic violence act.
Assuming your sister is a Hindu,
She can file a divorce case under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque bounce issue by the customer due to insufficient balance
- Can hard disk of laptop be sent for cloning without court's permission
- How to evict a tenant in case of default in payment of rent
- Company not paying deposited money even after maturing date what to do
- What remedy do I have if my husband is harassing me