Sister's husband physically abuses her. What to do
My sister's husband is physically abusive. He beats her. She also have a 2 year old son. After the birth of the son sister's husband forced her to get abortion twice. What can we do know?
You sister can file a police complaint against her husband under section 498A.
She can also file a complaint under the domestic violence act.
Assuming your sister is a Hindu,
She can file a divorce case under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Possible to clear immigration process with different dates
- Tenant staying for 25 years now capturing our land. What to do?
- Business partner wants to marry me. Will it change share holdings?
- Wife staying away from me with 5 months baby boy
- Girl blackmailing me to marry her how can I protect myself