sister's husband abuses her and hits her and does not give her money
My sister is being ill treated by her husband and in laws. A few days ago he even slapped her in front of her inlaws. Now he says that he will stay with her only if she cuts off all relations with her parents. He also does not give her any money for anything.
Can we bring her back to our home and file legal cases against them? How should we bring her back and what all cases can we file? She also has a 1 year old baby.
Assuming you are hindus,
Regarding the physical abuse she is facing from her husband,
she can file a case under the domestic violence act.
She can also complain in the women's cell.
Regarding her husband not giving her any money,
She file an application for maintenance under section 125 of Cr.P.C.
Thereafter her husband will be bound to to provide her money.
She can also file a divorce petition in the concerned family court.
Regarding the custody of the child,
If the in-laws are having the custody then you can file a petition to get the custody of the child and as the age of the child is 1 year generally the custody remains with the mother.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Parents died w/o Will. Can i register property in my name. 1 brother.
- Father Grade C employee will I fall under OBC creamy layer
- How to do out of court settlement in a cheque bounce case
- Served notice period but company asking for bond amount
- What are the consequences if owners name not changed.