quesSister in law wants parents house. Is creating trouble because of it.

in my family we are 5.mother,father,elder brother and his wife. since from last 3 years his wife is tutoring and harassing our family in different different ways. she left my brother's house who lives in another city and came to my father's house and harass whole family . Everyday she creates problem for all of us. she do not want to go back with my brother. we have tried to convince her in every type but she finally said i want this house. my old mother and father is having this only one house as property. even they wanted now to shift to another rented one to avoid these situation.Kindly adv

  • ans

    If it is your father’s house then the women does not have any right on the property of her in laws,. She has right to residence at the property of your elder brother or he is required to provide an accommodation.

    We will suggest you that your mother should file a complaint at nearest police station against your elder brother’s wife  for domestic violence. Further you should speak to your brother and ask her to provide an alternative accommodation. 

  • ansAs per the contents of the problem it seems that the property is in the name of your parents. If it is true and the same is self acquired by your parents, she can't claim any right/partition in the same. Your parents may file a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction against your sister in law for restraining her entry in the abovesaid property and if she is the possession of any part of property then suit for possession
    and permanent injunction may be filed against her.

    Mohan S.

    Advocate Mohan S

      Janakpuri, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hii i and my husband got married as per hindu act we just have the…

Can I take any action against my wife who is troubling, abusing and threatening me.…

i was filled maintenance and dv case in indore family court against my husband. He…
Dear sir / Madam, I married on 05/12/16. I am out of station for approx…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly