sister being molested by husband need divorce
My husband molested my sister (26) two years ago (2015) which I have gotten to know only a couple of days back. We have been married for 8 years and have no children. He's an engineer turned management consultant with an MNC and I am a dependent housewife. I am contemplating divorce but I also need maintenance till my divorce comes through. I am currently living at my parent's house. What are my options? When and on what grounds can I file for divorce? Also, what legal action can I take against him for the molestation (although my sister is against it as she is undergoing therapy and does not want to drag the scarring incident any further)? Please advice.
First need entire details in its full to guide you better moreover to get maintenance you can get it by filing a maintenance case as well as making a complaint against your husband at the police station.
Advocate Aveek BoseOld Post Office Street, Kolkata
Yes you can file a divorce petition along with a petition under sec 125of the crpc for maintenance. You should also lodge an FIR in the the local police station where this incident happened....
Advocate Pritha BasuSalt Lake, Kolkata
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property in my name husband sold the property what action can I take
- Fraud by a partner in partnership no agreement
- Bank charging penal interest without any default. What should I do?
- Anticipatory bail granted. But the document missing from court file.
- Accused of 313, 504, 406 120b in US how to get him back to India