quessister being molested by husband need divorce

My husband molested my sister (26) two years ago (2015) which I have gotten to know only a couple of days back. We have been married for 8 years and have no children. He's an engineer turned management consultant with an MNC and I am a dependent housewife. I am contemplating divorce but I also need maintenance till my divorce comes through. I am currently living at my parent's house. What are my options? When and on what grounds can I file for divorce? Also, what legal action can I take against him for the molestation (although my sister is against it as she is undergoing therapy and does not want to drag the scarring incident any further)? Please advice.

  • ansFirst need entire details in its full to guide you better moreover to get maintenance you can get it by filing a maintenance case as well as making a complaint against your husband at the police station.

    Advocate Aveek Bose

      Old Post Office Street, Kolkata

  • ansHello,
    Yes you can file a divorce petition along with a petition under sec 125of the crpc for maintenance. You should also lodge an FIR in the the local police station where this incident happened....

    Advocate Pritha Basu

      Salt Lake, Kolkata

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My brother is in the army. His wife has filed a divorce under section 24…

Dear Sir / Madam, I have been divorced without taking maintenance for me & my…

I recently got married 3 months back. After few days my wife went to her…

My wife had an affair with a muslim driver boy. When I came to know about this…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly