quesSingle Mother for 5 Yrs looking for Divorce and Maintenance for my kid

Dear Team, Greetings! I got married in year 2009 and lived together for 1 yr and after that till now we are living separate. I also have a daughter of nearing 5 yrs old. I'm working and taking care all the responsibilities alone for my kid. My husband is jobless for more than 4 yrs and no properties in his name but he has a own house in his mother's name and ancestral property in Kerala for both parents. Since I'm working, Am I or my daughter has a rights to claim for maintenance and share in his mom's house and his parents ancestral property... Plz help to guide me to sort out the problem.

• ansYou and your daughter are entitled for maintainance.

Since that you are working, you may not be entitled for maintaiance. But your kid is always entitled for maintaiance.

Based on this you can also seek share over your husbands ancestral property as he is legally entitled for it.

• ansU and your daughter are entitled for maintainance. Since that your working, you may not be entitled for maintaiance. But your kid is always entitled for maintaiance. Based on this U can also seek share over your husbands ancestral property as he is legally entitled for it.

Advocate Sakthi Kumaran

Dubur, Madurai

Advocate Sakthi Kumaran

Dubur, Madurai