quesShare of jointly owned flat after divorce.

I have filed a divorce and my query is regarding the apartment which is owned by both my wife and me. However, all the down payment, Yearly Tax and Monthly LIC home EMI is paid by me. I have all the bank statements which signifies the same. Post marriage, out of love i added my wife's name to the property which i bought.

My wife just earn 10K a month and the EMI for my house is around 40K. My question is, in case of a divorce can my wife claim part of the property? If yes, then how can i save my house, as its my only property where my retired parents will stay.

  • ansYour wife is a joint owner of apartment and hence has 50% share in the said flat. She can claim 50%share in property in the vent of divorce and obtain an injunction restraining you from selling the said flat.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Married on Feb'06'. Child birth on Jan'09'. Objected on staying at my parent's place for…

recently me and my wife had a serious argument and next day without informing us…
My husband wants divorce from me. He didn't give me alimony.He wanted to prove my…
Maine Sep'16 me 498A, Divorce aur 125 case kiya tha.125 aur divorce ki hearing to…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly