Share of jointly owned flat after divorce.
I have filed a divorce and my query is regarding the apartment which is owned by both my wife and me. However, all the down payment, Yearly Tax and Monthly LIC home EMI is paid by me. I have all the bank statements which signifies the same. Post marriage, out of love i added my wife's name to the property which i bought.
My wife just earn 10K a month and the EMI for my house is around 40K. My question is, in case of a divorce can my wife claim part of the property? If yes, then how can i save my house, as its my only property where my retired parents will stay.
Your wife is a joint owner of apartment and hence has 50% share in the said flat. She can claim 50%share in property in the vent of divorce and obtain an injunction restraining you from selling the said flat.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I am also a victim along with my friend but he files a case againt me
- Property division among 2 brothers and 5 sisters
- Procedure to file divorce case between Hindu girl and Muslim boy
- Case registered under 370 and 120B of IPC how can I defend myself
- Broke up after engagement now they are threatening to file false case