Sapinda Marriage or not?
Hi, My wife and I 3 years are separated and are in the process of filing for a divorce. However, we only recently found out that our marriage was registered under Hindu Marriage Act and since we are related there could be a problem filing for divorce under HMA. We had eloped against the wishes of my ex wife's family and the marriage was arranged by a family friend of my father. Not sure if he made a clerical error but now it seems like our marriage was never legal. Unfortunately, we have received mixed opinions from various lawyers: some say it is a Sapinda marriage while other say it is not.Do we fall under Sapinda or we can file for divorce under HMA? Deeply appreciate a response as we would like to finalize the divorce at the earliest and move on with our lives.
Forget about the relationship. Since the marriage is registered it is prudent to get a decree of divorce from court of law.
While applying for mutual divorce no need of your parentage to be mentioned in your mutual petition.
Since both of you have decided to dissolve the marriage, do so and move on in life with the help of decree of divorce burying the past for good.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get ancestral property divided if other brothers are refusing
- False case of 498a filed against me want child custody
- How to resign from a LLP
- Selling NBFC but buyer want to appoint director in back dates
- How can I know whether the land is freehold or not?