quesRestitution petition rejected. it was rejected. Now can i file divorce

I filed an application under section 9 of hindu marriage act but the same was rejected by the court. My wife did not appear in any of the hearings and neither she wishes to stay with me. In oppose of the section 9 application she file a domestic violence case against me. After the rejection of the section 9 application can I file for divorce? What effect to rejection of application will have on the domestic violence case which is pending against me? What legal remedy do I have? We have been staying separately for 2 years.

  • ans

    You can still file for divorce. There is no bar.

    However as regards your other query as to the impact of the order on the Domestic Violence case, I'll have to go through  the order to advice you properly.

  • ansYou can file petition for divorce. Impact of rejection of restitution petition shall be based on the pleading made by you.

    Advocate Uday Jadhav

      Bibvewadi, Pune

  • ansYou can still file for divorce. There is no bar. However as regards your other query as to the impact of the order on the DV case, I'll have to go through the order to advice you properly.

    Advocate Sooraj Hulke

      Kharghar, NaviMumbai

  • ansyes. You have a chance to filed the divorce petition against wife but have to go through restitution rejection order firts and then proceed for divorce petition. so far as dv case is concern unless papers are seen n stage is seen can't comment.

    Advocate Pramod kale.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

How much time it can take? We have a flat in Bangalore, in joint name.…
I want to divorce my wife who is mentally disturbed. She has been living with…
My uncle's son is hindu.. i was a withness of his registry marriage.. now they…
It's been 2 years in marriage and I am fed up totally. I want to…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly