Resident of UAE filing a divorce
My daughter is an Indian woman staying in UAE with her Indian husband. Her marriage took place 4 years back in India. They have some serious compatibility problems and have decided to get separated. Can they apply for a divorce in UAE? Or should they file an application in an Indian court? Will a UAE court order granting divorce be valid in India? Which course is better and faster?.
Petition for divorce can be filed in the country where husband-wife are residing and such decrees are recognized by courts in India if both parties are domiciled at the same place, the Court where petition is filed should be a court of competent jurisdiction, both parties should be clearly represented in the proceedings and there should not be any possibility of making allegation by either party that the decree was obtained by fraud. Taking into account above factors, a petition for divorce can be filed in UAE.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father's property given for donation w/o consent.
- Want to file for divorce because husband not allowing to work
- Can Registered Gifted and Mutated proper be claimed ?
- how can i give up my rights on parents property?
- what should i do if my Facebook account is hacked