Rape on pretext of marriage
I want to file a case against my boyfriend who shared a physical relationship with me on pretext of marriage. Ours was a 6 year old relationship. I was not ready to share a physical relationship with him but he promised me that he will get married to me. I went ahead and the relationship was going good until another girl entered our lives. She started hitting on my boyfriend and he encouraged her to do so as well. He kept telling me that there is nothing between the two until I came to know that the girl was pregnant with his child. I still asked him to choose her or me. He chose to stay with me but did not lose touch with her. He still shared a physical relationship with me. Soon he started ignoring me and he told me that he wants to get married to that girl.
Now I feel cheated and I feel I was raped for all these years on the promise of marriage. I want to file case against him. Please help me, I am undergoing a lot of mental stress.
While we understand your plight of being cheated by the man you had absolute trust on, there is no legal action that can be taken against him. You consented the physical relationship with him. Even though he had lied that he will marry you, the sexual relationship came into inception between both of you out of your own free will, which now precludes you from filing any case for damages against him except if there is a written promise by him to marry you. Now that you are liberated from this man, you should move ahead in life and embrace the beautiful things that come your way.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to claim right in Grandparents property as per Muslim Laws?
- Can i file a case against Railway for my baggage stolen?
- Government of Maharashtra not issuing caste certificates.
- Bought house now owner is asking to give it on rent is it safe legally
- Want to understand the reason of objection by Examiner report of my TM