×

quesRape on pretext of marriage

I want to file a case against my boyfriend who shared a physical relationship with me on pretext of marriage. Ours was a 6 year old relationship. I was not ready to share a physical relationship with him but he promised me that he will get married to me. I went ahead and the relationship was going good until another girl entered our lives. She started hitting on my boyfriend and he encouraged her to do so as well. He kept telling me that there is nothing between the two until I came to know that the girl was pregnant with his child. I still asked him to choose her or me. He chose to stay with me but did not lose touch with her. He still shared a physical relationship with me. Soon he started ignoring me and he told me that he wants to get married to that girl.

Now I feel cheated and I feel I was raped for all these years on the promise of marriage. I want to file case against him. Please help me, I am undergoing a lot of mental stress.

• ansWhile we understand your plight of being cheated by the man you had absolute trust on, there is no legal action that can be taken against him. You consented the physical relationship with him. Even though he had lied that he will marry you, the sexual relationship came into inception between both of you out of your own free will, which now precludes you from filing any case for damages against him except if there is a written promise by him to marry you. Now that you are liberated from this man, you should move ahead in life and embrace the beautiful things that come your way.