quesRape on pretext of marriage

I want to file a case against my boyfriend who shared a physical relationship with me on pretext of marriage. Ours was a 6 year old relationship. I was not ready to share a physical relationship with him but he promised me that he will get married to me. I went ahead and the relationship was going good until another girl entered our lives. She started hitting on my boyfriend and he encouraged her to do so as well. He kept telling me that there is nothing between the two until I came to know that the girl was pregnant with his child. I still asked him to choose her or me. He chose to stay with me but did not lose touch with her. He still shared a physical relationship with me. Soon he started ignoring me and he told me that he wants to get married to that girl.

Now I feel cheated and I feel I was raped for all these years on the promise of marriage. I want to file case against him. Please help me, I am undergoing a lot of mental stress.

  • ansWhile we understand your plight of being cheated by the man you had absolute trust on, there is no legal action that can be taken against him. You consented the physical relationship with him. Even though he had lied that he will marry you, the sexual relationship came into inception between both of you out of your own free will, which now precludes you from filing any case for damages against him except if there is a written promise by him to marry you. Now that you are liberated from this man, you should move ahead in life and embrace the beautiful things that come your way.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My sis 28 yr been married for 3yr. It was a love marriage n has…

I like to ask mine wife has file the case for maintenance she tooked away…

am recently married. my husband working in abroad. after he went there i mailed to…

My husband and I had no fights inspite of the fact that earns so little…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly